Monday, April 11, 2011

Worst Week Ever

This has been the worst week ever.  My sister had a minor surgery Thursday before last.  When she went home she was in a lot of pain.  The next morning, she was having trouble breathing.  They thought they knew what happened, but when they took her in to have emergency surgery, her body went in to shock and shut down.  I had not left to go home because we thought that she would just have another small surgery and then return home within days.  However, after her body shut down, it was another story.

at my high school graduation
I called my dad to check in with him about Anna again and he said, "Your sister's pretty sick, kid."  That was when I knew something bad was wrong and that I needed to go home.  I quickly took out the dogs and threw the bag I had packed earlier just in case in the car.  I got about 10 mintues down the road only to discover that my wallet was not in my purse.  I freaked out, but turned around thinking it had to be inside the apartment on the table.  When I got back home, it was not there.  I looked in the backseat of the car, in the floorboard, and in the trunk.  I called Philip, who was at work, and he said to meet him at his work and he would give me a card to use until I got back.  On the way, I called Dad back and said that I would be on the way as soon as I could, but that I had lost my wallet.  When I arrived at UA, Philip said he had already talked to his boss and could go home with me if I wanted him to.  I was relieved because I hate driving myself that far and it would have been way worse because I was so worried.


We both set off for home.  When we got back to the apartment, I found my wallet under the backseat in the car.  Turns out it was never really lost.  I was again relieved.  


with Tucker when we first got him
We left for Simpsonville and arrived around 9:00.  By that time, it was too late to visit the hospital so we went to get some rest.  We stayed for the rest of the weekend, but had to come back home on Monday.  All week at school, she was all I thought about.  


I was able to go back on Friday and just came back to Bluffton today.  I was able to see her initiate her breaths and then get help for the respirator.  She did great!  She also opened her eyes and looked at me several times.  Her swelling was much better and she was beginning to look like herself again.  

I am still very worried about her and I know she still has a long way to go.  I also know that she is in good hands with the nurses and doctors at the hospital.  She has many people praying for her and I know that has helped her along.  It has been so nice to see all the visitors at the hospital and all the comments people have left for her online.  This has been a very difficult time for my family, but I know that we can make it through.  Anna is still fighting the infection and is able to do more each day.  I am proud of the fight she has put up so far and I know that she will continue to fight just as hard until she is back to her old self.  

at the MB one summer
I love you, Nan!  I know you can do it.   

No comments: