Friday, April 29, 2011

Spring Break

This week has been my Spring Break from school.  It began last Friday and ends on Sunday.  On Friday, I set off for home (Greenville).  I was able to sit and talk with my sister in the ICU.  She was making improvements daily!  On Tuesday, she was moved to a LTAC (Long Term Acute Care) facility.  She seems to enjoy being there (much more than the regular hospital anyway).  At this hospital, she will undergo agressive therapy (physical, occupational, and speech).  I was able to talk to her on the phone yesterday and she said she was doing better, but not good.  She has no idea how sick she really was, but we are so glad that she is getting back to her old self. 

On Wednesday, I woke up early to come back home.  I knew that Philip was off and that we could finally have a day together.  We have not been home all day on the same day since he began work.  We ran many errands (returned a dress, returned some sandals) and ate lunch at Moe's.  It was so nice to be able to spend time with each other without having to worry about what time we needed to be somewhere.  For supper, we met up with some UA friends at Wild Wings.  Because we still don't know many people here, it was so nice to go out to eat with some friends.  Even if they were all guys!  :) 

Yesterday, P took his second exam.  Boy will we be glad when this semester is over!  He has one on Monday and one on Tuesday and he is done.  After his exam, he was able to get a little more sleep before I woke him up for lunch.  Leftover wings and tater tots!  After we ate, he had to submit a paper and then go to work. 

Today, he is at work again.  I was able to enjoy some time out by our pool.  I realized after being there for a few minutes that I had forgotten a towel.  I got in the pool anyway.  It is still pretty chilly, but still felt refreshing.

Although this Spring Break may not have been what I imagined or planned, it has been pretty good.  I have been able to relax, spend time with P, visit the pool, knit, and read.  I can't believe that when I go back to school on Monday my students only have a month left.  I am not sure that I am ready to let them go.  I feel like there are so many more things that I can/should/need to teach them.  I am, however, ready for summer to be here.  It will probably be much like Spring Break.      

No comments: