Saturday, June 25, 2011

Trying New Things

It's no secret we love to eat!  However, I am kind of picky.  I do not like trying new things.  I feel like we eat the same things and at the same places all the time.  To avoid this, I am going to try at least one new recipe every week.  We also tried a new restaurant this week.  It is called Squat 'n' Gobble.  It was great!  It is a 24-hour restaurant that serves food similar to a diner.  P ordered an omelet and I had country fried steak!  I can't wait to go back. 

Earlier this week, I looked through the Pioneer Woman recipes.  I chose two to try.  First up was the Tuna Melt.  P really likes tuna so I knew this would be a hit with him.  I eat tuna from time to time, but not very often.  Some of the flavors in the tuna salad helped to hide the "tuna" flavor.  Here is a picture of our lunch.  We experimented with different cheeses on top including provolone, cheddar, and American.  We didn't really have a favorite though. 


Also this week, I used my bread maker that I got for Christmas to make a loaf of white bread.  I LOVE my bread machine!  Here is a picture of my toast with the homemade bread. 

For tonight, we are having stuffed flounder that we bought at the store.  I can't wait to try it.  It looks delicious.  Tomorrow we are having another Pioneer Woman recpie, The Marlboro Man Sandwich.  I can't wait.  Cube steak, peppers, onions, and mushrooms.  Yum, yum!
 

No comments: