Thursday, June 9, 2011

Purchases and Progress

I have been checking in on the Single Girl Support Group on flickr.  It is a group where people share their experiences in making a Single Girl quilt.  I wanted to order the pattern and found it at fabric.com.  On this website, if you spend $35, you get free shipping.  I couldn't pass it up!  Here are the goodies that I collected. 
I picked up some Kona solids since I have seen them everywhere online!  Most of the time for sashing or background fabric I use white or unbleached muslin, but I have a feeling that will be changing very soon. 
I ordered Kona Ash, Kona Slate, and Kona Coal.  I like the Ash, but don't know what I will use it for.  The Slate is a little blueish/purple.  The Coal is my new favorite.  (In fact, I needed to order template plastic to get started on the Single Girl and ordered more Coal to get the free shipping!) 

Look at that beautiful roll up!  It is Anna Maria Horner's Innocent Crush.  Here it is unrolled. 

I have no idea what I am going to do with it yet, but I couldn't pass it up. 

We have several friends who are having a baby so baby quilt ideas have been in my head!  I have several collections in mind, but I am waiting for them to be released so I can get started. 

Today I made a lot of progress on the quilt for my dad.  I basted it with pins. 
Now I am working on quilting it.  This is going to be a marathon!
I am not sure what part of me decided to quilt it this way, but I am quilting straight lines that are a presser-foot length away from each other!  This is going to be a long, tedious process.  In the picture you can see the backing fabric rolled up on the right.  It looks great, but is going to take a while to finish.  I hope to have it finished by next Thursday when I have to go to Greenville for a wedding.  Guess I better get back to it!

No comments: