Friday, January 25, 2013

Spools Quilt Finish

I finally finished the Spools quilt that I have been blogging about! I am so excited that it is finished and can't wait to give it back to Nana complete!
This is the whole quilt! It ended up being about 60x65.
Another picture of the whole quilt. I had a great time putting each block together and also putting the rows and columns together. It was pretty difficult to make sure that it was all balanced.
A lady from Nana's quilt guild quilted this for us. She quilted back and forth through each spool and loops in between. It really looks like thread on a spool and tangled thread. She did a great job!
For the backing, I chose to make another column of spools to line up with the front. The long-arm quilter did a great job of matching it up so the quilting would be the same. I know Nana can't wait to get her quilt back. She plans to keep it on her bed. :)

No comments: