Sunday, June 24, 2012

WIP and a Finish

About a year ago, my grandmother gave me a pattern to check out that was a Bargello purse.  She bought all the materials to make it, but she wanted me to make it for her (even though she is a great quilter).  When I was home last weekend, she gave me the supplies and this week, I got to work on it. 
Here is one set of the strips.  I have one more piece to add and then I will sew it into the tube. 

These are the other strips.  All mixed up and ready to be pieced. 




 After seeing this review on Sew Sweetness about Jeni's Lined Drawstring Bag, I knew I had to make one.  I followed Jeni's tutorial and added the pockets like Terri said in this tutorial.  The only thing that I did differently than the tutorials was that I sewed across the pockets 1.5" from the middle on each side to make room for the bottom.  I didn't want small things to fall straight to the bottom and really under the bag when I put them in the pockets.    I love the way this bag turned out.  It is a great size without being too small or too large.  While cutting, I cut enough to make several more bags.  I also want to make a bag out of Flea Market Fancy very similar to the one that Terri made on her review with one solid outer fabric and the pocket.  I will be making this bag again for sure!   
fabric from Hobby Lobby

No comments: