Thursday, July 21, 2011

What a fun week!

This week has been filled with fun.  A week ago, our new bedroom furniture arrived and we LOVE it!  Before, we had several pieces from different places that we put together to "make it work."  Now, we have a matching set complete with two nightstands.  :)

On Tuesday, I drove to Charleston for the day.  My aunt and cousin were there for a baseball tournament so I went to visit.  We went to the market which is always fun.  We enjoyed some great food and an afternoon of baseball. 

A few weeks ago, one of P's co-workers saw his sandwich wrap and said she wanted one.  She also requested a make up bag that was fairly small, but still large enough to carry essentials.  I found a site with links to many different tutorials and let her chose the bags she liked best.  In the end, I decided to use the tutorial for a Straight Sided Triangular Cosmetic Bag.  The tutorial is okay, but it became a little rough.  I just used what I already knew about making bags (although I am not too good with the zippers).  I made this as a test bag just to see the size. 

This fabric is from the remnants bin at Hobby Lobby
It turned out to be perfect, but I still needed to work on the zipper.  Here is the bag I made for L.  She requested cupcake fabric, and I knew the Michael Miller Cupcake Party would be perfect!  I used Michael Miller Little Hearts for the inside.  These prints work well together. 

Here is her sandwich wrap.  Again with the Cupcake Party and lined with rip-stop nylon to keep sandwiches fresh. 


This turned out cute, but this is the first on I have made from a directional print.  I am not crazy about it because it is right on the flat size, but upside down on the folded side.  It is still cute, though.

I haven't made much progress on the quilt.  I have about 3 other quilts that I need to get started on, but I want to finish this one first.  I just can't find the motivation to do it.  :( 

Only two more weeks of vacation before school starts, but I am ready!
 

No comments: